Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Landing page with WordPress

demiano
Trust:

Landing page with WordPress

Hi, I want to build a landing page with an opt-in form. And I want to do it with the least investment possible. I read about the FlexSqueeze theme for wordpress that seems a rather complete solution, but it costs costs like 130 dollars. Now there are also some plug-ins available that claim to make it easy to implement opt-in forms into any wordpress page. Does anyone have experience with these plug-ins? Are there some you can recommend?

Thanks it advance for any help,
Demiano
kjhosein
Trust:
Hi Demiano - Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but if you're using Aweber, they provide the HTML/JS code for you to insert into your WP theme. It takes less than 5 minutes to do that.

If you're talking about using a squeeze page, then you can create a Wordpress splash page that only has the opt-in form and then the opt-in form's 'success' page would be just your main Wordpress site.

Here's a WP tutorial on how to set up a static home page: http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

Cheers,

_KJH
demiano
Trust:
Thanks Khalid, for your help. Being able to have a static home page in wordpress is very valuable.

Now: anybody knows if there an easy way to get a wordpress side without the sidebar? I want to build a landing page without distraction, just some text and video and an opt-in form.
thanks a lot,
Demiano
daria19
Trust:
Hi Demiano,

Depending on which theme you are using you might be able to prevent the sidebars showing up on "Pages".

If you don't want to pay for FlexSqueeze, there is also the free Flexibility 2 theme (from the same author) which should be able to easily create landing pages without sidebars.

Best of luck with it.
http://wp-robot.net - Create Autoblogs with WPRobot Wordpress Plugin

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Demiano wrote:Now: anybody knows if there an easy way to get a wordpress side without the sidebar? I want to build a landing page without distraction, just some text and video and an opt-in form.

To remove the navigation bar in WordPress, select “attributes” (down the bottom of the screen) and choose “PPC page” on the “Template” list.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

faradina
Trust:
Hi Demiano,

Seeing that you do not have Affiloblueprint and therefore are not using the Affiloblueprint theme where you would have been able to select the PPC Page template, the Flexibility 2 wordpress theme would indeed be a good option for you.

This topic was started on Mar 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.